The center provides a cross-disciplinary, experience-driven education in entrepreneurship and the design of business networks around science- and technology-based opportunities. To accomplish this, the Center brings together the talent and resources of the Graduate School of Management, associated faculty from across the campus, and leaders in the entrepreneurial community. Students work in inter-disciplinary teams to identify, design, and validate new business opportunities, while working under the guidance of faculty, technology transfer staff, and experienced entrepreneurs and investors. The resulting work environment provides students with the theory, practice, and practical networks of entrepreneurship.
The UC Davis campus provides a wellspring of research in engineering, agriculture, clean energy, environmental studies, nutrition, life sciences, medical, and veterinary medicine. The total research funding exceed $500M and places UC Davis among the top 10-12 academic research institutions in the country. The Center for Entrepreneurship seeks to build bridges between this ongoing research and the entrepreneurial capital (financial, intellectual, and social) that can help turn this science into real-world solutions.
The Center for Entrepreneurship at UC Davis is dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship and innovation through educational programs bridging science, engineering, and business:
- Technology Mgt & Entrepreneurship: A set of courses and clinical experience for MBA students.
- Business Development Certificate: A year-long program of courses and clinical experience for graduate students and post-docs in engineering and science. Meet the 2010/11 BD Fellows>>
- Biomedical Engineering Entrepreneurship Academy: One-week academy on entrepreneurship and business development for biomedical engineering graduate students, post-docs and faculty.
- Food + Health Entrepreneurship Academy: One-week academy on entrepreneurship and business development for graduate students, post-docs and faculty working on research relevant to foods, health and nutrition.
- Green Technology Entrepreneurship Academy: One-week academy on green technology innovation and entrepreneurship for graduate students, post-docs and faculty in engineering and science.
- UC Entrepreneurship Academy: One-week business development intensive for science and engineering upper division undergraduates, graduate students, post-docs and faculty. Priority given to UC participants.
- Technology management Minor: A five-course introduction to management for undergraduate science and engineering majors.
For more information on the academic programs, visit the Center for Entrepreneurship.
Energy Efficiency Center
The Energy Efficiency Center bridges the gap between researchers and the marketplace by developing business models that translate research results into viable business ventures.
The Energy Efficiency Center:
- Provides an evaluation framework for commercialization opportunities using graduate student researchers
- Brings together stakeholders who are critical sources of financial, physical, social and intellectual capital
- Demonstrates market adoption and business solutions
- Offers programs that publicize energy solutions
- Facilitates networking and business relationships
- Identifies emerging technologies and markets.
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA 95616