I've posted earlier— Resources for creating entrepreneurs— on the great work by Steve Blank and, related, the Business Model Generation authors. They continue to integrate and hone their message, and this new slide deck does a great job of communicating the core points:
1. No business plan survives first customer contact.
2. It's the business model, stupid.
3. Take time to think through the alternative possibilities.
4. A business model idea is just a set of hypotheses.
5. Don't build your company until you've verified your business model.
These are great points, articulated very well, and as appropriate in making the leap as in growing your startup effectively. As is always the case, there is an iceberg underneath each of these points.